I offer treatment for depression or depression therapy to people in the Palm Beach County area, including Palm Beach and West Palm Beach. My treatment for depression can help you reengage in life. There is a different way. I know you’re tired of being sick and tired!
What Is Depression? Are you more than just Sad?
We’ve all experienced times when we just don’t feel like getting out of bed in the morning. That down in the dumps, feeling blue, unhappy, sad or even miserable, is part of life when experienced for brief periods of time. But when this lasts, you may be like an estimated 19 million American adults who are living with the disabling symptoms of depression. But depression doesn’t have to be a life sentence.
Some of the Symptoms or Feelings of Depression Include:
- Crying Spells
- Numbness or Shock (Feeling Frozen)
- Inability to find pleasure in anything
- Feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, lack of self worth
- Exaggerated sense of guilt or self blame
- Loss of sexual desire
- Lack of interest in activities
- Chronic fatigue, lack of energy
- Loss of appetite or compulsive over eating
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Headaches, backaches, malaise
- Digestive problems
- Low self worth/self esteem
- Sad, anxious or “empty feelings
- Suicidal thoughts or ideas
How I Can Help You?
David D. Burns describes his depression as, “worse than terminal cancer, because most cancer patients feel loved and they have hope and self-esteem”. Depression is a disease, which can and has been successfully treated. It is a state of shutdown and immobility. When combined with anxiety, it feels like being in a car with the accelerator and brakes on at the same time. Together, we will navigate the waters to help you restore vitality and meaning to your life. Depression is so much more than your narrative/ story. Time to break out of the cave of despair. You owe it to yourself!